PPC Coatings have been proven to be a very effective concrete coating, protecting against erosion and corrosion in aquatic applications for over 30 years. Safe for exposure to fish and other aquatic life, PPC Coatings are much more than “pool paint.”
Tanks, pools, ponds, raceways, or any other aquatic structures will benefit from the application of PPC Coatings. New as well as older structures in need of rehabilitation will exhibit a surface that is smoother and more durable than the original concrete.
• PPC Coatings have an extraordinarily high compressive strength and abrasion resistance, ensuring long service life for your structure.
• PPC Coatings have a coefficient of expansion similar to that of concrete - meaning that the PPC coating will expand and shrink at the same rate as the concrete during temperature swings. The coating will resist cracking from thermal expansion and contraction.
• PPC Coatings are U.V. stable and will resist chalking or break down when exposed to sunlight.
• Where a smooth surface is required for cleaning efficiency or to minimize injury to fish, PPC Coatings can be applied with a high gloss finish.
• For slip resistance on surrounding deck areas, quartz or other aggregate can be incorporated into the coating to provide a non-slip surface.
• PPC Coatings can be applied year ‘round and without temperature limitations. A rapid-curing formulation allows for return-to-service within hours of application; even in the coldest weather. There are no re-coat windows as associated with other types of coatings.
• PPC Coatings are versatile and can be blended with stone and aggregate to make structural mortar for large rehabilitation challenges.
• With up to 5 times the compressive strength of concrete, PPC Coatings create a long lasting repair and coating. Mixed with fine media, PPC resin can be used to trowel out damaged or rough concrete surfaces.
• PPC Coatings can be applied as a resin system only to create a high gloss top coat, providing a surface that minimizes algae buildup and is easily cleaned and maintained.
» Typical Application
» Application Guidelines
» Product Data Sheet
» Project Reference Sheet